We care about the Environment.
Climate change isn’t a distant threat—it is happening now. The past three years were hotter than any other time in recorded history.
How We’re Helping the Environment
The impacts of climate change include more extreme weather and natural disasters, chronic droughts & economic instability. We’re focusing on innovative, science-based solutions that match the urgency of this crisis. The loss of wildlife, genetic material, ecosystems, and evolutionary processes is as marked as ever. Climate change, meanwhile, is becoming an even greater threat to the biosphere, and all that depend on it, including us. The problems of climate change and biodiversity loss are global, but the solutions to them must begin at the local level. Imagine PixelCraft is committed to doing our best to reduce the carbon footprint of our activities and be “Green”.
We know that our customers and friends care enough about the environment to ask about the “green-ness” of our products. Feel free to call Imagine PixelCraft to discuss this further if you would like. Here is a quick summary of just some of our green initiatives:
- Our Fine Art Papers and Fine Art Canvases are selected to be resistant to light fading. None of our papers contain optical brighteners which degrade the life of the paper. You can expect our papers to last from 70 to 200 years. Now that’s pretty earth friendly!
- Our canvas gallery wraps and prints are always printed exclusively on environmentally friendly, OBA-free cotton canvas. By leaving the optical brightener additives and fluorescent whitening agents out of our premium inkjet canvas, not only do we reduce the amount of harmful chemical agents polluting our planet, we also ensure that your canvas prints will not be susceptible to unsightly yellowing over time.
- Our fine art papers are made from either cotton or bamboo, both recyclable.
- Our Bamboo Papers, made from the easily replenished bamboo plant, are planted and harvested by farmers in Thailand who are contracted by Hahnemühle, our largest paper supplier. Our cotton papers are made from cotton waste created by the textile industry. Neither our bamboo nor cotton papers are processed using chlorine.
- Our print partners use “soft-proofing” wherever practical to color correct images. This requires no paper.
- The aqueous spray used on our canvas prints contains no volatile organic compounds (VOCs) which can be harmful and toxic.
- Every scrap of recyclable paper is saved and recycled – much of it through, re-use by making “Art Packs” for our customers and students.
- Our Fine Art Paper Printing supplier’s entire facility is powered 100% by Green Power through the Green Energy Program. See the article at the end of this list for details about Green Power.
- We purchase from as few suppliers as possible to minimize our shipping carbon footprint.
What is green power?
The term “green power” describes electricity that is generated from renewable energy sources with low environmental impacts. EPA’s Green Power Partnership launch uses green power definitions developed by the Green-e renewable energy certification program. Administered by the non-profit Center for Resource Solutions, Green e is the most widely accepted green power standard in the marketplace. In general, Green-e eligible resources include:
- Wind Energy
- Solar Electric
- Biomass: organic material, including wood and wood waste, agricultural residues (plant and animal waste), methane from landfills and digester gas (but excluding the burning of municipal solid waste)
- Eligible hydro-electric power (30MW or less, or hydro-electric power that is certified by the Low-Impact Hydro Institute)
Additional Ways to support Ethical Photography
Greening the Photograph – An analysis of environmentally friendly paper and other materials used for photographic printing by Dr. Joe Zammit-Lucia and The Nature Conservancy. Download the article.download
Interested in finding out more?
- www.green-e.org launch
- www.lowimpacthydro.org launch
- www.epa.gov/greenpower launch
- www.fcgov.com/conservation/green-energy.php launch
The planet is at a crossroads. The actions we take together right now are important to protecting the natural world we rely on today—and for setting us on the path to a more hopeful, sustainable future. Imagine PixelCraft is focusing on priorities that science shows can make a difference. Even a small contribution when added together with other actors can be game changers.
“And into the forest I go to lose my mind and find my soul.” - John Muir
“Water is the driving force of all nature.” — Leonardo da Vinci
“Jobs fill your pocket, but adventures fill your soul.” – Jaime Lyn Beatty.